Club Mileage Programs

Being around Charlotte for a number of years, I have become a member of several running clubs. Many of which have club mileage programs.

So what exactly is a Club Mileage Program? Well, these clubs track the member's mileage participating in the program and once they reach their goal mileage for the year, they receive a recognition award.

I have participated in these programs off and on over the years but never really thought much about why. At least not until, I got into an email exchange with Ben on the topic last night.

Exactly why did I do it? Was it for the award? Surely, this wasn't the reason. I have collected numerous awards during my 28 years of running.

Writing my response, I finally had to put some of the reasons down in an email.

Partly, I guess I do it because to some extent it gives me some recognition for all the miles that I put in during the course of the year. But more so, I do it because I am held accountable, but in reality no one is putting direct pressure i.e. "peer pressure" on me. I know I have this goal and want to reach and even surpass it. One has to be accountable to one's self first.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts