The Endless Season

I was flipping through on my Running Times magazine and found myself reading about running the endless season. Baseball, they play what – 163 games – seems like it takes forever. Basketball, they play something like 83 games not counting the playoffs. Pro basketball goes on forever as well. And then there is NASCAR which has about 60 days off between the end of one season and the start of another season.

However, none of them can touch running i.e. road racing. The road race season pretty is available to all of us 365 days per year from Jan 1 through Dec 31. We can usually find a race just about every Saturday morning and most Sunday mornings. Depending on the time of year, a race will spring up on most any week day.

Being one that races way too often and trains just as much, I have to admit that I need some down time from time to time.

The hard part is finding it. There are so many good races around and even more coming. I just read about Peter putting on this moonlight run that starts at the Badin Drive-In and runs to the top of Morrow Mt. The race starts at like 10:45 PM at night. Now who would not want to put something unique like this race on their racing schedule?

Oh well, I guess I am doomed to my running desires and will be running and racing for the rest of my life.

Now, if I can find a little downtime and get this hamstring working a little better, I would enjoy it even more.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts