Multi Sport workout yesterday

Yesterday, my run was pushed into the evening so my workout turned from two single workouts into one long multi sport workout. First, there was the 14 mile run with a 5 mile tempo which was followed by 4 x 1 minute on/off. The first 4 miles were warm up which was not really necessary needed since it was about 92 degrees and clear sunny skies. And, it was dry. I kept trying to spit yesterday, but it was a struggle. The tempo went pretty well. Each mile was run progressively faster. After the 4x1 surges, the rest was an easy recovery run back to my car.

There was a quick change of clothes and shoes before heading out for an hour and half bike ride. The first 30 minutes were tough. There didn't seem to be enough water getting into my system. Both water bottles were soon emptied. To get some energy back into my system, I was taking these Sport Beans every 3 miles. Slowly, it started to do the trick and my body started feeling a lot better. Sport Beans are a rarity for me. The tart taste is usually not something that my body craves. Yesterday, maybe because it was dry, my body was tired, or my body was just low on energy, the Sports Beans hit the spot. Now, for the million dollar question – is there any difference between a Sports Bean and a jelly bean. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry for the slight Sports Bean tangent.

My timing was bad finishing the 14 mile run so I missed the evening group ride. Not wanting to mix it up with any cars, my only really good option was to ride loops in the Business Park. Solo loop in the park are boring. Even if you try chasing other riders, it is still hard.

Darkness was settling in by the time my workout was coming to a close.

Such is life.

Overall, it was a tough day. Running and biking in 92 degree heat took something out of me. My body was well drained by the time that I returned home. Working out for 3 continuous even when in good shape can be taxing.

Luckily, today my run is just an easy 10 miles.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts