Good morning 10 miles

This morning Jeff and Chris joined me for some easy miles on the Davidson trails. After so much pounding on the roads, hitting trails gave a much needed break to my legs.

Setting here now, my legs are still coming around but both legs are starting to feel better. Last week, my mileage clocked in at 74 miles. Barring any major issues, my mileage should be about 73 this week. The miles will really go do down starting this week.

There are just two more stressor workouts: tomorrow and Wednesday.

My work out tomorrow has 3 x 6 minutes plus 3 x 30 seconds. The 3 x 6 minutes will have 3 minute recovery between each interval. Each 30 second interval will be followed by the 30 recovery. The idea behind this work out is to keep the marathon pace feeling in my legs and then follow it up with some speedy stuff. Even running 30 second really hard will make the longer intervals feel so much easier.

Then, on Wednesday my work out will be 6 x 2 minutes with 1 minute recovery. Most likely, the pace for this workout will be just a shade under marathon pace.

Then, it will be cruise time until Sunday.

My runs will be easy on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, my last work out will be 4 shake down miles plus a Tabata work out. Just so everyone knows this is not a new pattern for me. Since my return to marathon running in '08, my pre race workout plan has remained pretty much the same.

Using the same pattern lets me drift back into my comfort zone and that's a good thing. Being in my comfort zone means less stress leading up to my race.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

zbsports said…
Good job, keep it up and you will get much better result. Nice post too.

Popular Posts