Magic 8 Ball confirms marathon goal time

Yesterday evening while wondering through the store with my daughter, I stumbled across a magic 8 ball. Now, magic 8 balls were a fade of days gone by but a few are still around setting store shelves.

What the heck, I picked it up, shook it, and then ask it about my goal marathon time.

My first question to the Magic 8 Ball was "Will I run time X:XX:XX at Twin Cities?"

Magic Ball's response was "Most Definitely"

My second question was "Are you sure?"

Magic Ball's response was "Yes"

My third question was "Are you really sure?"

Magic Ball's response was "Without a doubt".

At this point I put the Magic 8 Ball back on the shelf and was satisfied that no matter what my training has been like, the weather conditions, or anything else that might effect my race, the Magic 8 Ball has faith in me that I can do it.

The moral to the story is believing in our self is the hardest and sometimes having others believe in us gives us the extra determination needed to see a difficult task to the end.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Unknown said…
Bill - I love it! I believe that you will hit your goals and enjoy your time in Minneapolis.
You and Mike are going to have some fantastic races. You both are running great.

Popular Posts