Morning Tempo Run

With most people running in the Blue Ridge Relay or racing this weekend, I wasn't sure if there would be anyone out for a morning run at McAlpine. However, a quick email out to Megan found that she was up for some miles.

After a few more emails, we settled on a 7am start from Old Bell entrance. This was perfect for me. I needed to get in some miles plus a 5 mile tempo and follow it with a 2 mile warm down.

It was good to see Megan back running again. She looks to be putting our "Back" issue behind her – "Pun intended – LOL". We stayed on the soft dirt for the first 5 miles and then I head out for a loop and ½ on the Mc Alpine cross country course.

My legs were not feeling the greatest but they soon settled into a nice pace. Back at the stage, Megan and I met up for the final miles back to Old Bell. This makes a perfect way to start the day.

-btw Ben, if you are reading this post, I hope you quads are feeling better. Downhill miles feel great at the time but leave the legs sore for days. Advil and ice always seems to help me.


 

Later follow runners.


 

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Megan said…
Thanks for inviting me Bill. It is so nice to be running with you guys again! You looked good out there..you will be strong on race day!

Popular Posts