Wearing a face mask

I never thought in my life that I would be wearing a face mask out in public - running aside.

Given our new normal these days, I needed to swing my the grocery store, and when I stepped out of my car, I was wearing my face mask.

Yes, I felt awkward wearing it. I wondered if anyone would notice when entered the store.  As far as I could tell, my entrance drew no attention.

Based on a rough head count, I would say only about 50 percent of the people were wearing face masks. Most everyone was observing the social distancing as best as possible in the store. After all the aisles are only so wide and with two way traffic.

I did not linger. I got what I needed, checked out, and headed back home.

Listening to the people that know way more about this than me, I expect to be wearing a face mask in public for the foreseeable future.

At least until they have a vaccine for the virus.

Right, I have no idea if I have had it, have it, or have not had it. In any of these 3 cases, I do not want to expose myself to it, or if I am a-symptomatic give it to anyone else.

Better to be safe than sorry.


Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts