Stepper

I am a huge fan of using the Stair Master as part of my training plans. In fact, the Stair Master has been a part of my training plans for well over 15 years.

Running is a hugely pounding sport. Every step carries upwards of 3 times my body weight throughout my legs.

As I have mature in years, I found this pounding can be more difficult to handle. Also, my recover takes longer.

I have to find ways to workout which don't involve overly stressing my lower body. I have never been a great swimmer or even a good one, and well, I am fare weather cyclist at best.

Using the stair master has always been a good alternative for me. They are low impact vs the impact of a running step. They strengthen the musculature which makes me hopefully better at climbing hills. Lastly, they can push up my heart rate in an instance.

I typically do 3 - 20 minute sessions per week. Within just this little window of time, I will be sweating as if I was running outside on a 95 degree day.

During just one session, I will have climbed roughly somewhere between 2200 and 2500 steps depending on my level during a session.


Strangely, I have been missing my stair master sessions at the YMCA. Given how things are going, I am not expecting to be back any time soon. Therefore, I needed a substitute.

Searching around Amazon, I found simple stepper machine. The machine is not Stair Master quality by any means. However, it is filling the void. I am back doing my 20 minutes sessions but now, like everyone else, I am working out on it at home.

The settings are super simple. The machine counts steps, and it provides me with the elapse time. That's all I really need.

For those working out at home, there are plenty of options. I found something that works for me, so don't be afraid to do your own research. You might find something that works for you.

The Cool Down Runner

    



Comments

Popular Posts