Gel-DS Trainers 17

I picked up a pair of Gel-DS Trainers just a few weeks ago. Sometime, one just needs to throw caution to the wind and try a new shoe. So far I have been wearing them during my 10 mile runs and hill workouts.

The wear is decent. The break-in period is quick. The strings want to come untied to easily. I have to double knot them. The insoles might be the very best part of them. Compared to other venders which use the thin foam insert, these DS Trainers come with a nice spongy insert. I wish the other shoe companies would follow the ASICS lead and provide better inserts.

This is the kind of thing that makes me just wonder about what people were thinking. They put so much time and energy into the development of the shoe design and uses what could termed the "cheapest type of inserts" in the shoe. The insert/insole is what the foot spends the most time interacting with so it would just make sense to me that the insert would have at least as much attention paid to it as the rest of the shoe.


 

Just sharing a few thoughts from the balcony.


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts