Race Awards

Should someone actually go up to a race director and complain about the quality an award they won in a race. Personally, I would consider this to be in poor taste. Only a small percentage of people actually win awards in any race. For someone that gets their first award or doesn't get one very often, they look upon the award as a treasure item. I really don't have any right to destroy that feeling they have. In my opinion, this is the scenario where one just walks away. If I can look at an award and recognize its quality then other runners will most likely do the same.

More often than not, knowing I am right is enough. Saying that I am right will not improve the situation.

Does this make this make me a hypocrite for discussing this topic? I hope not. It is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts