Runners don’t smile enough

Kathi Belk was kind enough to share some photos from a 5k race that she put on in memory of her son a few weeks ago. She tagged the photos of me on Facebook which promptly dropped an email into my inbox.

Like any person, I always enjoy when someone shares a photo of me.

In this case, she shared a couple of photos from the start and a couple coming to the finish.

Runningwise, they looked like the usual photos of people getting ready to run or running.

But the thing that struck me the most was that I wasn't smiling. Now, this isn't the first time that I have noticed this occurring. I have probably a hundred or so photos taken during various races over the years and not one of them has me smiling.

I don't know. Maybe once I step to the starting line, I go into my serious mode and it does leave until I finish. I wish I could explain it.

Maybe what I really need to do is lighten up and start enjoying the race instead of trying to race so hard.


But in either case I do appreciate Kathi sharing her photos 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts