Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Over the last few weeks or so I have had some comments come my way that started the wheels turning in my head again. Here's a few examples – "I wish I was as thin as you", "How do you stay so fit", "I'll bet you can eat anything", and "I wish I had zero body fat like you". Really, when I look in the mirror, I don't see ZERO body fat. Maybe 15% body fat. But does anyone actually have ZERO body fat? Yeah, I agree it was just an expression.

Sometimes I wonder if other people get these same types of comments and if they do, what would be their response?

Most of the time, I just shrug off these comments. To be honest, I get a little embarrassed by them and more often than not feel a little undeserving of them. Occasionally I will try to make "light" of the situation by replying with some comedian like come back – "be careful what you wish for – you will be sore, tired, and eating more lettuce than a rabbit".

Honestly, I think we are all a little guilty of thinking the "grass is greener somewhere else". I freely admit I do. But of course I am a little shy about telling someone else that I like really like how green their grass looks. Call me old school, but just because I think something, it doesn't mean that I should say it.

Not sure what type of person that this makes me. I hope someday to find out.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts