Performance Therapy

The hardest part of any running injury is trying to figure out whether it is an injury that you can work through or it is an injury that you need help resolving.

I am at the point where I have 8 more weeks before OBX. Missing any training at this point means a lack luster performance. Worse, I can just see Mike B. running off into the distance as the sun rises over the dunes in Kill Devil Hills. It will happen someday, but when it does, I want it to be when I am running hard and not hobbling along.

Thus, I would be hugely disappointed in myself if I didn't do everything possible to return to normal as soon as possible.

The outside help I am talking about is seeing Mike at Performance Therapy.

Based on my understanding from talking with Mike, my hamstring needs some work. I didn't need any convincing here and I am guessing the work that he is talking about is A.R.T.

He didn't say no to running or not to run. Again I am guessing he knows that I will be going out the door to do it. He did say that it would slow the recovery process. And, I expected as much.

But I am a good listening and I will be following his recommendations for icing and stretching.

Let's see how the next week shakes out.


 

Thought from the Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts