Thorlo Experia Socks – Design change suggested and no more color Orange


I dropped a note to the guys at Thorlo about their Experia Socks earlier today. I have now run in them enough that I feel like I can offer a greater opinion on them.

First, let me say that I really like the Experia Socks and have used them in my races. But I am now coming to the conclusion that Experia socks could stand a small modification to its design.

In shorter races, the Experia sock works fine but in longer races like the marathon where the sock can be on my foot ever several hours, the foot pad tends to scoot forward. This leaves the mid sole of my foot landing on the thinnest part of the material.

Last year, I ran 3 marathons and had 3 set of blisters right in the same sport. At the time, I blamed it on the shoes –thinking that I was not doing something right. But for Boston, I switched up and went with a different shoe but the same socks. The result was 2 blisters in the same location as last year.

Before I started using the Experia, I used the standard Crew Cut Thorlo Running sock and didn't have blisters, but I changed over to the Experia sock because I liked the way the Experia was made. I don't need the extra that the Crew Cut Running sock has across the top of the foot. I need the extra underneath my foot.

Hopefully, the Thorlo guys are listening and take my design suggestion into consideration.

The 2nd issue that I opened with the Thorlo guys is about the color. I talked to the rep at the Boston Expo and he said that Thorlo is discontinuing the Orange color. Actually, this is the only color that I ever bought.

I don't know why they are discontinuing the Orange color, but it cannot be because people are not buying them. They were sold out of the Orange color at the Expo. And, not just at the Thorlo booth but at the other booths with Thorlo apparel as well. I know because I asked.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts