Sub 9 minute

Too many times, I take for granted the fact that I can go out the door and run. Only when an injury occurs does reality hit home. That happened to me almost 3 weeks ago when I was involved in my bike accident.

With 3 cracked ribs, abrasions, and bruises my running was regulated to a little more than a slow crawl. My Garmin confirmed this was the case when I finished a run at 10 minute pace.

But body is a wonderful thing and heals quickly.

Last week, I was running along at 9:45 pace. This morning, I knocked down 18 miles at around 8:45. Clearly, I am not a hare more like the fast turtle but progress is progress.

Maybe soon, my Sunday and Tuesday morning's will be filled with the chance to join my Charlotte Running Club friends for their runs.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts