Revising my goals

For the past few weeks, the thought of revising my fall marathon goal has been on my mind a lot lately.

It all started although probably not immediately, but with a week or so of having my bike accident and cracking my ribs. This is when the realization really started to hit home that I was losing valuable training time for Twin Cities.

All runners know that it is the hard work done months before marathon and dictates how well you do on marathon day.

In my case, I have been putting in miles and cringing with every stride. But those miles have not been with the quality that I would have liked them to be.

Which bring me to my topic for this post, my goal for Twin Cities needs to be revised.

So rather than shoot for sub 2:40, my revised goal is to try for a sub 2:50.

Sometimes, it is better to be realistic with your goals. Recognizing this can be the hardest part, but once accepted then it is easier to move forward.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts