Banged up be still moving forward

Being banged up is no fun let me assure you, but being banged should never be held-up as an excuse for not moving forward. Today, the weather was hot, my legs were tried, and my knee is still oozing from the scrapes from my fall yesterday. My ribs are getting better but had a rough going yesterday. When I fell, I landed on the same side as my cracked ribs.

Add all this stuff up and I had a very good reason just to take today off.

But no, I was back out on the trails for more miles and even finished off my workout with a Tabata workout. This was my first attempt at doing a Tabata since I started my marathon training July 1st. Up until now, my ribs just hurt too much.

And, no, they were not my fastest Tabata sprints, but like last Saturday night at Beat the Heat 5k, it was a place to draw the starting line and begin the work on improvement.

It is all too easy to take the simple path. But some of us don't except that anything is simple and strive to take the difficult path. Only by challenging our self do we ultimately enjoy the fruits of labors.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
Wow! You are an inspiration...

Popular Posts