Cool Rain

After weeks of heat and humidity making almost every run unbearable, the clouds opened up on me while I was running on the North Meck Trail.

Normally, I am not a fan of running in the rain, but this time, the lightness and coolness of the rain were perfect. Each drop helped wash away the heat and sweat of 50 minutes of running leaving my tired body wanting to step it up just a bit. That is right up to the point where my ribs started saying – no, no, no.

But that is just about the time when the rain started to intensify and the trails flooded. I was wading through water up to my ankles. In the back ground, I could hear the thunder clattering in the distance and see the lightening brighten the trail ahead. Actually, the lightening was good thing, I guess. Because the dark clouds combined with the tree foliage left very little light, it gave the appearance of a twilight run.

Later back at my car, my legs were covered in dirt but my trail shoes are now the cleanest that they have been in months.


 

Thoughts from a rain soaked Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts