Century Ride Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning, I will be checking one more thing off my bucket list. At 8 AM I will join numerous other riders heading out from Weddington High School for a 100 mile ride. We are all taking part in the Tour De Y which is comprised of three different rides: ½ metric century, metric century, and full century.

My normal rides usually are in the ½ metric century range. While lately, I have been riding some metric century rides in preparation for the full century, but this ride will still be 30 more miles than I have ever ridden and 38 more miles than I have ridden this year.

My number one goal going is just to finish. If my ribs hold up well, I would like to be within the 6 to 7 hour time frame. That means averaging between 16 and 18 mph for the entire ride.

Normally, when I go into a marathon race, I have some butterflies because I always have a fast target time that I am shooting to achieve. However, here in this event, I am just want to go out and enjoy the day. Getting tired is okay and it is okay to slow down.

From what I understand from others, the course will take me well down into South Carolina before running back Weddington High School and consist of a lot of flat roads and a few rolling hills.

Hopefully, tomorrow night I can pull out that Sharpie and mark one more item off my list.

So wish me luck


 


 

Thoughts of the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts