Is the Month of July over yet?

Is the month of July over yet? I certainly hope so. I don't know normally wish for a particular month to pass quickly. This is especially true when it is one of the summer months. However, the month of July has been particularly hard on me so I am ready to start August right now.

Just when things were starting to feel normal again, yesterday ride and run were the best they have been in 3 weeks; I was cruising easily long on the North Meck Trail. Suddenly, a momentary lapse in concentration occurred. I caught my shoe on a root that was sticking up and down I went.

Both of my palms got a good sanding as did my right elbow – same place as the bike crash. My right knee lost some extra skin and was bleeding down my leg. But worst of all, I went down on my right side which has the recovering cracked ribs. I got a small cut on my back and some abrasions.

It was just one stupid moment where I wasn't paying attention.

I don't think it did too much damage to my ribs. The truth will come out as the recovery and healing starts.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts