Beat the Heat 5k tomorrow evening

Cracked ribs are leaving me with a lot of self doubt about running the Beat the Heat 5k tomorrow evening. Breathing while running easily remains very painful so I can only imagine what it will feel like when I try to race tomorrow evening. If there is any good news here, it is that Beat the Heat is an evening race and it will be hot. My ribs tend to be much stiffer in the morning and loosen up during day and feel better with the heat.

All things given, I don't have any set goals for tomorrow evening. I will just go out and test how it feels and see much pain that I can endure.

In the end, Beat the Heat is just a 5k so the pain will not last too long anyway.

Good Luck to every one racing this weekend.

-btw Stan – I hope your 50k goes well. We need to do another one in future.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Cody said…
Hey Bill. Still trying to wrap my head around how you are doing all this stuff with cracked ribs! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
-Cody
Anonymous said…
Bill, congrats on fighting through those cracked ribs.

As far as another 50K....I'm thinking about the Frosty Fifty 50K in Winston-Salem, or the Harbison Forest 50K in Columbia. I think they both might be on Saturday January 8, 2011.

Of course, there's always the Charleston Marathon the following weekend....or Myrtle Beach in February....or Boston Marathon in April....

- Stan

Popular Posts