The week in review

69 miles of running and 201 miles of cycling last week are starting to leave me wondering. Where has my down time gone?

The week started off with a 7 trail run. Then I had a couple of 10 mile runs before jumping back on the trails Thursday morning with 7 miles. Friday, I was out with Megan, Jay, Aaron, and Paul for 12 miles at Mc Alpine. Saturday morning, I was up for a very early 7 miles near my house. All this was followed with 16 hot and sweaty miles at Mc Alpine with a bunch from the CRC crew.

The miles were all pretty easy and they needed to be because the bike rides were anything but easy.

Tuesday, I rode with a group out of the business park at 19 mph. Wednesday, the TrySports "B" group started slowly but finished at 20 mph average for 33 miles. Thursday, I was back to the business park for 37 miles with the same group that I rode with Tuesday.

My legs were starting to feel it and Friday, I was out for some very easy miles on the bike. Saturday morning, I headed to Huntersville for my 2nd ride with the Spirited Cyclist group. I probably should have skipped this ride, but I didn't. I spent most of the ride hanging off the back of group which I guess was not that bad since we were riding at close to 19 mph for 50 miles.

By Sunday, when I finished my ride of 27 miles solo, I just leaned the bike against the wall and headed for a shower.

My quads didn't really hurt but they had this stinging feeling in them. Good thing, I didn't do much the rest of the day.

Hopefully, all of this cycling will pay off during my 100 mile ride in a few weeks.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.


 

Comments

Popular Posts