Thursday night group ride

Let me start off by saying, I was hoping to make it across Charlotte to do a little trail running with my team mates from TrySports. But then, work pushed later and later. Making it across Charlotte after 5pm is pretty much impossible for me. Then, I heard that they were caught in a down pour which at least made me feel a little better for missing out – just kidding.

So my back up plan involved rushing out the house and up to the Huntersville Business Park. Maybe I would be able to catch some guys heading out for their group ride. I just barely made it, but they just had small turn out due to the dark and gloomy clouds overhead hinting of rain.

However, luck was on our side because we rode 30+ miles without getting a single drop of rain on us.

This was my 3rd group ride in 3 days so I was starting to wear down a little. But with these awesome warm days, it is so hard to just stay home and rest. Cruising along on the open road is to me the absolutely best way to spend an afternoon.

On the friends' front, Steve A. or Theoden J. had posted via Facebook that they were going out riding around the park but no such luck in catching up with them. Although, Steve did post later that he did ride at the park but because he didn't bring his helmet, he didn't want to hit the open roads.


 

Random thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts