Get your Marathon Paced runs right here

Okay, I have not taken a single step in my marathon training yet, but I am putting some markers on the calendar for three training runs. Twin Cities is Oct. 3, 2010 which gives me approximately 12 weeks for preparation.

In that time I am planning to do 3 marathon paced runs.

Run Dates:

  • July 31, 2010
  • August 21, 2010
  • September 11, 2010


 

Run Breakdown

  • The July 31st run will be consist of an easy 10 mile warm up which will be followed by an 8 mile progressive run – finishing at marathon pace. We will end the effort with a 2 mile warm down.
  • The August 21st run will consist of an easy 10 mile warm up which will be followed by a 10 mile progressive run – finishing at marathon pace. We will end the effort with a 2 mile warm down.
  • The Sept 11st run will consist of an easy 10 mile warm up which will be followed by a 12 mile progressive run – finishing at marathon pace. We will end the effort with a 2 mile warm down.

Don't worry if you are not up for the long warm up. We set some times so that people can just do the warm up or just do the tempo or mix a little of both.

Assuming greenway is working order, I plan to do these on the McMullen greenway. We will probably start from the Johnston Road entrance. Our warm will start around 5:45 AM with the main event starting around 7AM.

And, yeah, I know the green way is a little short of 6 miles. I plan to fix that issue before I before the run with some blaze orange paint and a measuring wheel.

-btw On Sept. 11, I plan to go 28 miles so after the MP run, I need to tack on an extra easy 6 miles if anyone is interesting doing some extra mileage.

-btw I will bring the Gatorade and Bagels for afterwards.


 

Training Plan ideas from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts