Riding at the Huntersville Business Park

Normally, I am a totally running guy. But with my recent ITB issues, I have been forced in to cross training - mainly on the bike

I don't have a street bike but I do have a mt. bike. I guess I look a little funny riding on the roads with it. But the bike gives you a great workout because you have to drag along a much heavier bike.

I have been taking it to a few different places for a ride but one of my favorite places to ride is at the Huntersville business park. The business park is built with a nice loop around the businesses. The loop measures about 1.75 miles if you ride the inside line and a little over 2 miles if you ride the out side of the loop.

Usually, I ride on Tuesday and Thursdays at the park. In the last few weeks, I have noticed that the number of riders is ever increasing. Two weeks ago, there must have been 100 riders in the pack and last night there was probably 25 to 30 riders.

It is simply amazing to see that many people riding their bikes at the same time.

What is more amazing is to be riding along when they pass. It is kind of like being passed tractor and trailer on the interstate which is going about 30 miles per hour faster.

I do my best to just keep my bike in straight line and out of their way.

It is fun to chase after them. Even thou, I know that I cannot catch them. It makes the workout go faster.

Everyone should try it.

Comments

Popular Posts