Getting Muddy can be fun

This morning I got the opportunity to do something that I don't get to do very often. Really, not since I was a kid.

When I was kid and came home covered mud, let's just say that my mom wasn't too happy.
But these days, my mom doesn't look over my shoulder any more and scolded me that I shouldn't do these type of things.

Yesterday, Jeff emailed me asking if I wanted to run today. I replied back "always".

His response was where.

I said we could do the roads but how about a trail run. With the rain coming down yesterday and at times through the night as well as this morning, the trail would have its fair share of mud to play in.

I wasn't too far off.

And no, I forgot my camera so I don' t have any pictures - sorry

But it is safe to assume that my legs and back were pretty much covered in mud. There is something about getting covered in mud that makes one feel young at heart. It takes you back to your childhood when you just went out and played all day. The only reason for coming was dinner.

Back to my mom, I now remember why she was so upset. Only this time, it was up to me to wash my mud covered cloths and I don't really mind doing it because I enjoyed so much getting them dirty in the first place.

Comments

Popular Posts