ITB recovery

A little over five weeks have now passed since I accepted the fact that I had an injury. Five slow weeks of waiting and wondering if I would ever run pain free again. Five weeks spent stretching and icing my body in hopes that it would actually do some good.

When I was younger, the thought of getting over an injury and not returning to hard racing never really entered my mind. Being young has that advantage.

But as I grow older, I start to think if this will be the injury that sidelines me for a much longer period of time. Will an injury prevent me from running the way that I want to run which is hard.

All of these negative thoughts never really do any of us any good. I mean I could just as easily get injuried driving my car or playing games with my daughters.

If an injury happens, it happens. I will just have to accept it and then work on getting over it.

I think someone once said that you cannot live your life in bubble. Exploring the world and the risk that goes along with it is what makes life interesting.

So far my knee is healing nicely. I am taking one more week of recovery before starting to add some more harder workouts. The workouts will be nothing too difficult- just some simple short hills to stregthen the legs and get the heart rate up.

Shamrock 4 miler is only four weeks away and will be the first real test of my knee.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Comments

Popular Posts