The days after

Running 120 miles in 6 days probably was not one of my better ideas, but doing something does not always need to be a good idea. Sometime even if it sounds like a bad idea, it still might be something fun to do.

So I went 10 miles on Tuesday. The best way that I can describe it is during triathlon instead free spinning at the end of the ride, I try to crush it to the line. However, this leaves my legs totally numb when I start running. This is pretty much how I felt for the entire 10 miles.

Wednesday, my run was a little better. Friday's run was actually the first day that my legs started to feel normal again.

They still feel tired but at least they were not numb.

Recovery is always a slow process but with any challenge comes the need for recovery. In time, the body will return to normal. Then, it will be time to think about the next challenge.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts