Expected but not surprized

Earlier this week, the WWC sent out an email telling us that the New South Trail Marathon has been canceled for '20.

I have to say that I have been expecting it. I had held out hope that they might have an opportunity to hold it over the summer, but I guess that they reached a point and decided to call it for this year. They gave every indication that the race will be back next spring. I certainly hope that they are right.

Counter to what happens with most races, they gave back a full refund of my entry fee. This, I had not been expecting, and I certainly appreciated it.

I suspect that the WWC runs on a shoe string budget so refunding those entry fees had to hurt.

They didn't have to do this. They could have refunded a portion or none of it. The fact that they did this, in my eyes, earned them my loyalty when looking for local race. As I see it, they are put their customers first and want to do right by them.

They will definitely get more of my dollars in the future.

Something for others to keep in mind when choosing a race,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts