Run-cation

In January, I planned out most of my vacation schedule. This past Wednesday through next Tuesday, I was to be on vacation. At least, this was my plan until the bottom dropped out. With my plans gone out the window, I am falling back to having a stay-cation or better yet, a run-cation.

I started wondering what I could do for a run-cation. As I was thinking about this, I have also been eyeing this 250 mile 5 day race next year. Right, as if running 100 miles wasn't enough, I am considering something 2 and half times longer. May be I gone totally bonkers to even consider doing something this long. Currently,I am considering it, but I have not dropped any money on it just yet.

With this mind, I thought it might be interesting to do a bunch of 20 miler back to back. In other words, I planning to do 6 x 20 miles over 6 days. That's right, I said that I was planning to do 6 x 20 miles over 6 days. That's a lot of running even for me.

I am interested to see how my body handles it. I am hoping that nothing breaks or breaks down. It will be more mileage than I have done during single 7 day training period.

Look for my reports to pop up here in the next few days
The Cool Down Runner




Comments

Popular Posts