Run-cation – Day 6 – Whitewater Center


I finished the last day of my 6 day 20 mile challenge on what I consider is my home trails – The Whitewater Center Trails. I could have run any number of trails, and I did think about running somewhere else. However, I felt that I needed to finish it where I enjoy running the most.



Frankly, after going so many other places, I was ready to hit my local trails again.

Today’s run held no surprises, and only a few people were frequenting the WWC. Social distancing was more like social isolation.

I clipped off my fastest 20 miles in 3:26:02 which also surprised me. Over the last couple of days, my quads seemed to be a bit more fatigued. Soreness became way more pronounced during the closing miles.  Then, my quads have weathered quite a few runs so maybe they do have a right to complain about how I treat them.

Being that this was my first run-cation, it provided some extra perspective. When the only things on my daily to-do list are eating, sleeping, and running, life is pretty nice.

I am glad to have wrapped up this challenge on a positive note, and I am looking forward to the rest of the summer. If racing does not pick up, I will have to come up with may own challenges, just like this one.

Challenge yourself first and your friends next,


The Cool Down Runner




Comments

Popular Posts