Check Engine Light is on

For the past few weeks, I have been taking a weekly cycling class at the YMCA. Sometimes, I like to do something different in my training. This is just another way to shake things up and get the body trying something new.

Each bike has a display which tells me the RPMs, overall time, plus a few other pieces of information.

Last night, I am cycling along during the class. We have just finished the first interval session. We are starting the hill section of the class. Training inside in January, it doesn't take much to make me look like I have been standing in the rain. Not to mention the fact, the heat plus the workout really push up my heart rate.

Like I said, we are starting through the hill section of the class. I am out of the seat straining to pull up on the pedals. Sweat is running down the side of my face. My quads, hamstrings, and calves are screaming that I should set down and turn back the tension on the bike. I glanced at the display to see my readings. This is when I notice that there is a little check engine type symbol flashing on it.

At first, I thought something might be wrong with the bike, but then I began to wonder if the bike knew something that I didn't. Maybe this was the bike's way of telling me that there was something wrong with me. After all, I guess, I am the engine on the bike. Right?

Well, we went on to finish the hill section and did another interval session. I survived it, but on the drive home, I kept wondering; was the bike trying to tell me something. I guess; I will never know.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts