Ab work

Over the last few weeks, I have been taking this class at the Y. Usually the last part of the class involves doing some "Ab" work. Now, I thought that I had been doing my fair share of sit-ups and plank and this would make me pretty good in this part of the class. But let me tell you, I feel like a total wimp.

Within minutes, I am sweating profusely and my "Ab"s are on fire.

Now, I know I shouldn't be looking around during the class. I should be focusing on my own efforts. But I cannot help myself. The class is probably 90 to 95 percent women and they are making it look easy. Granted, I am guessing they have been taking the class for a while but this guy "pride" thing in me just gets me into so much trouble. I am trying to do things and my body is balking at the effort.

But I wonder if they are also looking around and laughing on the inside at me while I work over time to perform the simplest of efforts. In fact, I am sure they are laughing. I walk out of the class and my stomach feels like it is in knots.

That's okay; let them laugh at my expense. I am certainly in there because I want to get better and if looking like a fool for a few minutes lets me put one foot in front of another faster and longer, then it is a burden that I am willing to bare.

Wouldn't you do the same thing?


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts