You can’t handle the truth!

In the earlier 90s there was a film starring Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson called "A Few Good Men". One of the scenes from the movie has Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson going at it in a verbal sparring competition. From their monologue was delivered one of the best lines ever "You can't handle the truth!".

As runners we sometimes don't want to believe the truth. For instance, yesterday, I was getting my Monday evening hamstring treatment when the lady working on my hamstring said "Your hamstring is a mess".

Honestly, I know this but I want to believe it is better than it is. Hearing the cold hard facts stated out loud is a keen to getting a bucket of cold water dumped over my head. No, I didn't respond with a sarcastic comment. In fact, I didn't say anything. I just let her words pass silently away.

I can handle truth and accepted it.

I just don't have to like her opinion.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts