The weird and the strange

Today must be Halloween because I don't think anything could have been more weird or stranger. Megan and I were getting in some miles on the McAlpine greenway this morning. On the paved section past Margret Wallace Rd, we see this stuff on the trail. Puddles look a whole lot like blood. And, not just a little bit but a long string of it - like it was gushing out. I have never seen anything like it before.

Not knowing was up, I check both sides of the trail. Nothing was in sight. But strangely, I see the remnants of brick house across the stream – mostly just the fire place and chimney – very eerie looking. Now, I have run at Mc Alpine "oh say – a thousand times over the years" never having seen that chimney.

But it gets better.

Then heading back toward Old Bell, we see arrows made out sticks on the ground. All were pointing west. Not just one, but several along the way. Like someone was enticing us to go in a particular direction.

As we go a little further, the crows seem to be circling overhead and making all kinds of noise.

At this point, my 10 miles are about up so I head back to the car. Megan continues on but later tells me she see a dead bird.

This is way too much strangeness for me in day.

I am just glad we got away unharmed.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts