Ouch – what popped?

About 5 miles into my run, things are going along okay. I am just enduring another painful hamstring "stinging" run.

Suddenly a truck pulls out from a drive way in front of me. I make an abrupt halt and end up on my bad leg on my toes.

All of a sudden, I feel a pop in my hamstring. "Ouch" comes flying out of my mouth. I come to a stop.

The truck pulls out and I am left standing there testing my hamstring. I slide my hand down my hamstring half expecting to feel a knot from a toren muscle. Hoping I hadn't done any permenant damage. Nothing.

I flexed it a few times. No pain.

Okay, let's try running on it.

First, I go a few slow easy strides. Then I run a little faster.

I finish out my run seemingly no worse for the wear.

First, thing I did upon returning home was ice it down.

I wonder what tomorrow holds.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts