Fartlek Workout - Getting Faster

Another day and another workout were just completed. I headed over to the North Meck Trail this morning for a fartlek workout. This is the same workout that I did a couple of weeks ago.

In that workout I ran 24:59 for the first loop and then ran 26:10ish on the 2nd loop. Reasonable or not this set the standard for any of my future fartleks workouts.
This morning I had another fartlek workout scheduled so I headed off down the trail.

I felt like I was running faster, but when I hit the split for the first lap, I was at 25:41. Needless to say, I was disappointed, but I didn’t fret too long because I had another lap to do.

On the 2nd lap I pushed but I didn’t feel as if I was running faster. Crossing the finish line, I clicked my watch and saw the time was 25:01. Nice. Although, both times were slower than my PR. The overall time was faster and the 2nd lap was faster. Again both were very positive signs for my conditionings. I am looking forward to getting back on the race circuit next week.

Comments

Popular Posts