10x800 with 2 minute recovery

With the rain coming down last night, it washed out my plans to do an internval workout on the dirt section of the Mallard Creek Greenway. Alternately, I could have gone to the track at the middle school but then I was feeling too lazy to get in my car and drive to it early this morning.

Instead I opted to use my Garmin and run my workout on a flat stretch of road in a near by neighborhood.

I always struggle in these workouts. I never get warmed up properly so I end up using the first 3 or 4 intervals getting my body primed.

So as expected, my first 4x800s were my slowest. The next 2 were considerablely faster and the last 4 were the fastest.

I did a 2 minute recovery after each one and felt like it was probably too much. At about 90 seconds I was ready to go again.

On a side note, I was using my Garmin to mark the 800 meter point. But it seems that even thou I started each interval at the same spot, the end points were always different. Now, I know that I wasn’t exactly running in a straight line, but some times there was a much as 20 yards between one interval finish point and the next. It left me scratching my head.

For the rest of the week, I have long planned for tomorrow. Friday, I will do a fartlek workout on the North Meck Trail – barring any more rain this weekend. Saturday will be a nother long run. Maybe something close to 18 miles. I am not sure yet. It all depends on how the rest of the week goes.

Comments

Popular Posts