The Aid Station Boost


Starting my final lap on Saturday, I was zipping along the trail as if I were in the first mile. I had been so tired entering the aid station. Then, like a light switch was flipped; the men and women helping at the aid station were up-loading so much encouragement in to me that I sorely needed. The mental bust helped me wave away the growing fatigue. However, the surge was fleeting. Roughly 2 to 3 miles later, the fatigue of the day slowly came filtering back in to my body mostly my legs. But for those first few miles, I was rolling along. This made me realize how much energy not just in food and drink but mental energy the aid station had given me. I wished that I had one every 2 or 3 miles. I also want to give a shout out to everyone that helps out at an aid station. Yes, rest assured that your efforts are greatly appreciated even if no one says so. 

Never underestimate the power of emotional support.

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts