Garmin Band Woes


For the last decade, Garmin GPS watches have been my “goto” device for tracking my runs. I remember measuring a mile against a surveyed mile one time, and my Garmin flashed the auto lap right on the mile mark. So, I cannot argue with their accuracy.

Where Garmins come up lacking is in my opinion the quality of their bands. Numerous times over the years, I have replaced or returned it to Garmin to be replaced or had them send me a new band so I could replace it myself. Only once do I remember them covering this cost.

Take for example my current Garmin watch. I have had it for just about 2 years. In this time, I fixed the band in the first year. Here just last week, I was putting it on, and the band broke again.

This is most frustrating to me. If I wore my Garmin for every run, every day maybe I could see the see the wear and tear on it. I wear it may be two or three times per week. That’s a little over 200 days of running. I want to believe, no I have to believe that any watch band should stand the wear and tear of running for more than 200 days.

Oh, well, I guess I will see what it takes to fix it again. Next time, maybe I will look at some other GPS watches. Isn’t like that I am asking for a lot. I just want a band that will last at least as long as the battery on the watch. Is this really too much to ask from any maker of these type of products.

Tails from the Trail

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts