Tailwind Usage follow up


For the Big Butt 50k, I fueled almost entirely on Tailwind. I say almost entirely because I did take a few other items that included salt. With temperatures around 100 degrees, I was sweating profusely. Letting myself get low in electrolytes would have doomed my race.

After testing Tailwind during a training long run, I wanted to test it during race. I wanted to know how my stomach would handle it in a more stressful workout.

My race result was similar to my training run. I had no stomach woes. During the race, I went through over 9 liters of Tailwind. Thus, I was pretty happy with it.

I am still a big fan of Nunn, but I am slowly becoming Tailwind fan. On the plus side, I can buy a huge bag of the Tailwind powder for around $35 off of Amazon. Nunn runs about $7 for 10 tablets. For a long run, I can easily run through a couple of the little bottles of Nunn. I have been through 3 long runs using Tailwind and have barely put a dent in the bag.

For those looking to try something new or switch to something different, Tailwind is worth a test. I like getting the powder and mixing it myself. This way, I can control the consistency of it. The few other times that I have tried Tailwind in the past, the taste was too syrupy for me. Mixing it myself let’s get the taste just to my liking.

Tails from the Trail

The Cool Down Runner

  

Comments

Popular Posts