Tuckfest Quest – Twilight 5k


Last night I started my Tuckfest Quest with their Twilight 5k. If you are wondering what is my Tuckfest Quest. Well, during the Whitewater Center’s Tuckfest weekend, they organize 5 different trail races in the 4 days. There is a 5k on Thursday evening, a ½ and 4 miler on Friday, a quarter marathon on Saturday, and another 5k on Sunday. The 4 miler on a Friday is a night race starting at 8pm and makes for a long day on the trail but a fun one.

Everyone was fresh and full of energy right from the start last night, and we all hit the trails hard. I was running with 5 other guys for most of the race. I never did get away from them, and I finished a scant few seconds in front of them in 21:46, placing 4th overall, and 1st in my age group.

Once my race was in the books, I headed back to my car to start refueling. With so much racing over the next few days, I know the importance of keeping my energy stores restocked.

Today will be tough thou, the ½ marathon starts at noon. Then, I will have roughly 6 hours to rest before my night race. If rain holds off, I am hoping to spend the afternoon at the WWC and watch some of the other events.

If you get a chance, check out the events this weekend.

Tails from the Trail,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts