Buckets of rain falling


I needed 20 miles yesterday, and I watched as the rain came down. Not just come down but the rain poured. 

When I could felt like it was slacking off just a little, I finally pushed out the door. A quarter mile later, I was soaked head to toe. I no longer found any need to steer clear of mud puddles or for that matter, the torrent of water running off.

I waded through a couple of places where the water was ankle deep. One place it was up to my knees. The last place that I arrived to find one of the two foot bridges had been carried away. This time I erred on the side of caution and headed the long way back. Recognizing one’s own limits is important. The risk was far greater than the reward getting to the other side.

Be safe when crossing a stream. A fast moving current can knock a runner of their feet and send him or her floating way.

Tails from the trail,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts