Tuckfest – Day 3 – Quarter marathon.



I sleep about 4 hours last night. I woke up about 4 AM, and my mind was just churning so I got up and got ready for the race.

The temperate was awesome this morning for running. My car’s temperature gauge said it was 45 degrees. I felt chilling waiting for the start but once the race went off, I loved it.

However, I wished my legs felt better.  I struggled through the first 3 miles before my legs came alive, and I started pulling some runners back.

The race was billed as a quarter marathon but my Garmin said that I ran closer to 7 and ¼ miles.  I had expected that it would be long. We were running the Frigid 10k course which is pretty much the same course, and we were now finishing at the Pavilion rather than the boat docks. The Frigid 10k was nearly 6 and 3/4 miles. 

I clocked a time of 59:14 for 11 overall and 1st in the 50-54 age group. I was hoping to run a bit faster but my Garmin told me that I ran the same pace as my ½ marathon yesterday. Some days, I have to take what my body gives me.

Now, I have just the 5k left in the morning. I suspect that I will be hurting. My legs feel dead, and I am going to need several days of easy running to get over this adventure.

Tales from the Trails,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts