Losing some wisdom



During my last check up, my dentist suggested that I have my wisdom teeth removed. This has something do with how my teeth were meshed together. I am not expert here but she felt it best so I agreed to have it done.

Today, I had the two on the right side removed.

They offered to put me under for the procedure and offered me several different types of medication to deal with the pain. I refused all of it. I prefer to know what’s happening, and pain happens for reason. It should never be ignored.

The procedure was less stressful than I had imagined. Probably the worst part, he put this huge needle in to my gum to further numb it. Nothing like seeing a huge need come at me. 

The top wisdom tooth came out in one piece. The bottom tooth came out in two pieces. They gave me some gauze and after care instructions. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes.

The numbness wore off in about 3 hours. I noticed a little swelling but nothing major. Aside from a couple of ibuprofen, I haven’t taken much else.

In truth, I felt worse after running marathon.

Now, the hardest part, I am on soft foods for a next few days. I’ll share what that’s like on Friday.

Tails from the trail,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts