Tuckfest Marathon Challenge



Walking back to my car Sunday morning after the 5k, I unpinned bib #321 for the last time. A deep breath escaped my lungs as a wave of fatigue that I had been pushing aside finally rolled across my body. 5 races from a 5k to ½ marathon on the trails in 4 days is a lot of running. No change that. 5 races in 4 days is a lot racing.

I am glad that I did it.

We experienced just about every condition possible: cold, heat, darkness, and rain.

Two 5Ks were run under awesome conditions. The night time 4 miler turned was probably the toughest. What should have been an easy course turned hard after the rain. Water and mud made running more difficult. Fallen trees turned it into an obstacle course. The heat and humidity of a noon time ½ marathon tested just about everyone’s limits. The quarter marathon was run under cool conditions yet the trails were a bit slippery. My ding here, the race had to be long. A quarter marathon is what 6.60 miles. I had well over 7 miles on my Garmin.

All this aside, the WWC guys did an awesome job, and things pretty much ran smoothly. I give them a lot of credit because someone had to go mark all those races. This took a lot of time on someone’s schedule.

So the question to ask now. Would I do it again? Likely, I would. They call it a marathon challenge but I ran more the 30 miles in those 4 days. To run all those races, it only cost me $50. That’s $12 bucks per race, and I got a nice WWC Tuckfest T-shirt. I don’t know where else any runner could do this. Plus, I got to check out a bunch of other cool activities over the course of 4 days.

I’d definitely recommend checking it out next year

Tails from the Trail

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts