New trail section arriving at the WWC

With some time on my hands today, I decided that I should kick up a little more trail dust where possible. I say where possible because even with the sun out, the temperature was barely sniffing 32 degrees. Although, I did get in a little slip sliding in a few spots, but they were few and far between.

But let’s get to the reason for my post.

With my S2f racing coming next Saturday, I fully expect their 13 mile course to take in some of the East Main trail. In preparation for it, I wanted to check out the route on last time.

A few weeks back, I had been out on this trail, and I noticed another trail paralleling it. The trails never connected up so I figured WWC had something in mind for it, I just wondered what. 

Today, I came up on this same section, and surprisingly, they had connected this new section up with the East Main trail. The winds down to Parkway Trail, then out along the main road leading to the WWC entrance before veering back toward the East Main Trail. All in all, I would say this new trail section is about 2 to 2.5 miles along. The trail is rough at the moment. From the looks of it, the Mt. Bikers have made an appear on it. In some sections, it has not even been scraped out. I had to follow the orange ribbon tied in the trees to stay on the course. But give it a couple months. With an entrance off the East Main and the Parkway Trails, I expect this trail to get plenty of use.

Definitely, I am going to add it to my regular routes.

Big kudos to the WWC guys continually adding new trails for all of us to enjoy.

The Cool Down Runner





Comments

Popular Posts