Charlotte Snow Day

Huge snowflakes filled the air here in Charlotte today which was awesome to see.  

And with each passing the second the pull to hit the road only grew.

So by the time that I made my way on to the streets, a good 2 to 2.5 inches covered the ground. I loved it. This was just like running on trails. A nice soft bed of snow cushioned each foot strike against the ground.

10 miles and 80 minutes later, I didn’t want it to end, but work beckon. I needed to answer the call. From time to time the rest of the day, I would glance out the window.

Watching each snowflake lazily drift to the ground can be somewhat of an hypnotic effect. Lulling me into wanting an afternoon nap. Luckily, the steady stream of emails and building list of todos kept me alert and moving forward.

Still, these are the days where if I still did doubles this would be one of them.


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts