Blue Points 5k Recap – 8.6.2011

If my legs could talk, I often wonder what they would say. This morning they certainly did some talking and in all honesty, I didn't like what they had to say. First, they complained about running down hill too hard on Stonewall and then they threw up objection after objection going up Morehead St. In fact, the only good thing they had to say was "Yes" when I crossed the finish line.

That's pretty much how my day when.

Even thou, we were running downhill, I felt like I was landing in sand. The quads were just not responding. I just hoped that going up Morehead would be better. It wasn't. The climb up Kenilworth took me right to the edge. I made right hand turn pretty felt like I was finished. First, mile was 5:26, 2nd mile was 5:42, and the third mile was 6:12. Put it all together and I got an 18 minute and 20 second 5k effort.

No excuses, I just didn't get it done today.

That's the bad part.

The good part is that I was racing in Charlotte again and it was a regular "who's who" of people that I know. And, not just people racing but people watching the race.

There is just something about hearing my name that keeps me going when everything else is telling me to quit.

To those people yelling for me I want to say "Thank You", "I really appreciate your cheers and screams", and "Yes, it does make me run a little harder".


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts