3 sets of 4 reps - uphill

With my normal Wednesday training partner on the bench with an injury, I was left trudge ahead alone on this workout.

Our plan had been something faster but flatter.

Going solo that all changed. I morphed the workout into 3 sets of 4 reps - all of course on a gentle sloping hill.

First, there was 4 x ½ mile uphill with same recovery. This was followed by 4 x ¼ mile uphill with same recovery and I finished it off with 4 x 1 minute uphill with an equal distance recovery.

My motivation was low going out the door, but once I got rolling, I actually felt better. The temperature was down but more importantly the humidity was down.

I was also helped by the man checking the sprinkler system in the park. He turned them on about ½ through my workout. There is nothing like running through cool water on a hot morning.

I totaled out at 16 miles with a lot of good speed reps and lots good hill reps. 4 is actually quite a good number. Just enough reps get the engine turning over and not enough to mentally drag down the workout.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts